Foodservice Solutions® Grocerant Guru®, Steven Johnson has been assisting foodservice retailers including conveniences stores, restaurants, drug stores, and grocery stores satisfy their customer’s desire for complexity free food since 1991 providing business development ideations for grocerant niche Ready-2-Eat and Heat-N-Eat fresh prepared food adoption and integration.
In a report from the Food Marketing Institute found:
1. Fifty-three percent of shoppers used partially prepared items when preparing dinner at home, with only 35% of people cooking mostly from scratch.
2. Nearly half (45%) of shoppers buy heat-and-eat poultry or meat at least once a week, and 40% buy pre-cooked ready-to-eat products.
3. Fifty-six percent of adults bought deli prepared meal items last year.
4. Younger demographics are demanding convenience more than older age groups.
5. One-third of consumers under 45 use packaged meals or stir-fry kits,
6. 20% use refrigerated heat-and-eat potatoes or pasta.
Grocery stores are facing an increased challenge for complexity free food from meal kit delivery companies the ilk of HelloFresh, Plated, and Blue Apron. The Meal Kit sector has grown into a $1.5 billion market in the last five years, and is expected to double in the next five.
Convenience stores are filling the gap for complexity free food and have found success at the intersection of retail foodservice by offering fresh food fast. That includes extending their brands by offering mobile and online ordering; made-to-order food with indoor and outdoor seating; a large assortment of fresh produce, beer, wine, and dairy.
For international corporate presentations, educational forums, or keynotes contact: Steve@FoodserviceSolutions.us the Grocerant Guru® at Tacoma, WA based Foodservice Solutions®. His extensive experience as a multi-unit restaurant operator, consultant, brand / product positioning expert and public speaking will leave success clues for all. Visit: www.FoodserviceSolutions.us for more information.